Tuesday 21 May 2013

Emerging, blinking, into cyberspace

We erotica writers have much to thank E L James for. I don't know about my fellow scribes, but after 20 years in the business of finding inspiration both in the world around me and in my own head to arouse and titillate my readers, then watching in dismay as sales and fees dwindled and erotic magazines such as For Women and Forum disappeared, I was on the point of hanging up my handcuffs this time last year. But then 50 Shades exploded in our faces and suddenly my editor was emailing me with the request that I submit an erotic romance in the new, less hardcore, more intense, relationship-based model. In fact, could I make that a trilogy? How could I resist a plea like that, and the chance to continue writing erotica but expressing myself more naturally at last? And so that's why I'm here, getting to grips at last with Twitter and the blogosphere, because that's how The Silver Chain was born and it's to be published by Avon in August and I want you to get to know me.

No comments:

Post a Comment